Home -> British Service -> Army -> Machine Gun Corps -> Motors -> No. 15 Battery

Units That Used The Vickers

The Machine Gun Corps (Motors)

No. 15 Battery, MMG

Motor Machine Gun Corps

A Motor Machine Gun Battery was provided to some Divisions to provide additional mobile machine gun assets.

No. 15 Motor-Machine-Gun Battery was formed at Bisley on 29 May 1915. It joined the 18th (Eastern) Division on 22 July 1915 and went to France with the Division. It disembarked at Le Havre on 25 July 1915 and served with the 18th (Eastern) Division on the Western Front.

On 05 May 1916, the Battery was transferred to XV Corps.


Sources

  • Becke, 1934
    This page is published by the Vickers MG Collection & Research Association, a not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee, registered in England, Company Registration Number 07855202 - www.vickersmachinegun.org.uk