Home -> British Service -> Army -> Bedfordshire Yeomanry

Units That Used The Vickers

The Bedfordshire Yeomanry

The Befordshire Yeomanry was a TerritorialCavalry Regiment that would have had an MG Section as part of its Regimental Headquarters.

It joined the 9th Cavalry Brigade from England on 12 June 1915.

The MG Section was brigaded into the 9th Cavalry MG Squadron on 28 February 1916.


In 1922, the Machine Gun Corps was disbanded and the guns returned to the Cavalry Regiment as a Machine Gun Platoon and then formed as a Machine Gun Company in the early 1930s.

This remained until the formation of Divisional Machine Gun Battalions in 1936 where guns were brigaded once again. As Cavalry regiments were largely mechanised, their use would have been as per the Royal Armoured Corps and Tank Regiment.


Sources

  • Becke, 1934
    This page is published by the Vickers MG Collection & Research Association, a not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee, registered in England, Company Registration Number 07855202 - www.vickersmachinegun.org.uk